Joocial, year 2015: a new hub for social content management
Published: Friday, 19 December 2014
With the release of AutoTweetNG and Joocial v7.6, we have completed the 2014 objectives to introduce a new hub for social content management.
Nowadays, content strategy is relevant through a variety of distribution channels. The “web page” is not longer the main channel. A Hub of Channels has created a new way to communicate us.
Our aim to manage posts is based on a set of common tools for content composition, scheduling, repetition and integration from the business source to multiple segmented targets.
To consolidate this vision, beyond simply renewing the platform, we have been steadily adding integrated extensions to reach a whopping number of +50 extensions. On the other hand, beyond the most popular social networks, likewise Facebook and Twitter, we have just incorporated Scoop.it, Tumblr, JomSocial and EasySocial. Particularly, JomSocial and EasySocial are native Joomla! social networks.
Far from plain auto-publish, AutoTweet NG and Joocial create Posts from articles, RSS news feeds and manual messages to introduce new content actions into the social hub, along selection, creation, maintenance and distribution steps.
Once the messages are generated, a virtual assistant helps to publish and manage a publishing agenda to reach the target audience. As a result, the content is distributed to multiple and evolving channels.
The concept of a “web page” can no longer be equated to the content itself. We need to stop referencing “web page” as content. CMS users need to start seeing content as something separate from the web page. The old perception of the "web page" must die.
This is certainly a challenging task. It requires a change in the user’s mental model. Instead of authors asking “How does this look?” they ought to ask “How does this read?”
Karen McGrane, Channels, Chunks, and the Death of the "Web Page", written by Randy Carey - Joomla! Community Magazine, Issue 2014 May
New Year Resolutions
Following this year of great achievements, we have several objectives for 2015:
- Joomla! 2.5 is reaching the general End of Support, on December 31, 2014. The next mayor release of AutoTweetNG and Joocial 8 will not support it.
- With more room for growth, we plan to extend our support for mobile devices and responsive technologies. For instance, under the radar, we released XT Adaptive Images, changing how images are generated for mobile devices in Joomla!.
- Complementary management services: Internet is very large. Thus, multiple services have to be orchestrated to manage an ever-increasing complexity. We are planning to integrate third-party services to enhance several areas, such as dashboards and reporting.
- Working on our renewed platform, we are in the iterative process to improve and update extensions information, user manuals, demo sites and tutorials.
- And more powerful features, integrated extensions and social channels are coming.
To sum up, our focus is filling the need for serving up content across multiple social channels. A year ago, we delineated our objectives to update all extensions and our internal processes. Today, we have completed them and we are ready to take on the challenge of a unified social hub for 2015.
Thank you for your constant feedback and support!